Senior UI/UX Designer
At Adaptiiv Medical Technologies Inc., we help transform the patient experience with 3D printed patient-specific accessories for use in radiation therapy. We foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, diversity, creativity, growth and success. We are always looking for individuals who have exceptional talent and an entrepreneurial drive to contribute to the ongoing fight against cancer.
If you are passionate about making a difference, we would like to hear from you!
Reporting to the Director, Technology, the Senior UI/UX Designer will be responsible for improving our overall user experience by taking a holistic approach to understanding and influencing the solutions provided by Adaptiiv. The Senior UI/UX Designer will learn more about and consider the workflows used in other clinical software applications to plan and implement a modern look and feel for Adaptiiv customer-facing software interfaces, while also being involved in scoping out future design concepts.
The Senior UI/UX Designer must have a deep understanding of user-centered design and strong critical thinking abilities, as they will conduct user research and incorporate that into their deliverables.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Translate product requirements and customer research into clearly defined design deliverables (e.g. sketches, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes) that lead to an intuitive user experience.
- Produce effective, visually stunning designs across all types of media, including website content, email campaigns, desktop application, user manual and other documentation, and more.
- Develop a products-and-services-wide design framework based on our company branding, and making suggestions on how to improve.
- Share opinions, ideas, and offer input during creative meetings.
- Collaborate with the product development team on software interface design, from conception through implementation.
- Maintain a high standard of design, yet iterate with key squad members for alignment and gather feedback early and often.
- Oversee specific design projects, from conception to delivery.
- Stay up-to-date with industry development and tools.
- 5+ years of proven experience in digital UI/UX design.
- Some level of education or training in HCI.
- An outstanding portfolio presenting a diverse range of digital creative work.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Suite, and other industry-standard tools like Sketch, Figma, and Invision.
- Excellent visual design skills.
- Knowledge of how to incorporate branding throughout products and services.
- An understanding of UX design.
- Ability to demonstrate storyboarding skills.
- The ability to work autonomously as well as communicate and collaborate as part of a team.
- A strong conceptual thinker, with the ability to not only flawlessly execute ideas, but also own (plan, develop and execute) a creative process.
- Experience working with both web and desktop (windows) apps will be considered an asset.
- This position is full-time (37.5 hours/week) with annual salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Comprehensive health benefits package included.
|Job Category||Software Development|
|Reports to||Director, Technology|