Senior Software Engineer
Adaptiiv Medical Technologies Inc. is engaged in the development of software systems for 3D medical imaging and dynamic manipulation of those images for the purposes of 3D printing. The ideal candidate for a software engineering position will have interest and skills in 3D modelling, image data processing, and knowledge of 3D printing technology.
The Senior Software Engineer will be expected to function autonomously with a minimum amount of management. You will be expected to give constant, unfiltered feedback on software design and architecture to the team. You will be expected to manage your own tasks and workload while working closely with the Lead Software Engineer to ensure delivery dates and obligations are met.
The desirable candidate should be able to:
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, and in a timely manner.
- Compose reusable, efficient and programmer-friendly code.
- Complete assigned engineering tasks (planning, spiking, implementation, etc.) in an efficient and timely manner.
- Grow and develop aptitudes with multiple languages including Python, C++, MeVisLab, web-based technologies, etc.
- Demonstrate an ability to meet deadlines and exceed expectations of quality with respect to robust implementation of code.
- Have the desire to expand your knowledge and understanding across disciplines including quality management, front-end and back-end development.
- Demonstrate close attention to detail and have strong powers of observation.
- Work effectively either closely with a team or by yourself, managed or unmanaged to accomplish a common goal.
- An understanding of 3D object rendering and manipulation, in both polygon and voxel representations.
- A firm grasp of linear algebra.
- The ability to work efficiently within a command-line or terminal environment.
- An understanding of software development standards, architecture, and best-practices.
- Minimum 4-year Computer Science or Engineering undergraduate degree, or demonstration of equivalent experience.
- DICOM standard as it pertains to CT scan data.
- Processing of medical imaging.
- MeVisLab development tools and SDK.
- Visual programming tools.
- Functional programming.
- Test-driven development.
- Technical writing.
- Medical regulatory bodies (FDA, CE, etc.).
- Open-sourced, 3D visualization frameworks.
- 3D Printers, materials, and 3d slicer software.
|Job Category||Software Development|
|Reports to||Director, Technology|