Senior Software Engineer
At Adaptiiv Medical Technologies Inc., we help transform the patient experience with 3D printed patient-specific accessories for use in radiation therapy. We foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, diversity, creativity, growth and success. We are always looking for individuals who have exceptional talent and an entrepreneurial drive to contribute to the ongoing fight against cancer.
If you are passionate about making a difference, we would like to hear from you!
Reporting to the Director, Technology, the incumbent will be expected to function autonomously with a minimum amount of management. You will be expected to give constant, unfiltered feedback on software design and architecture to the team. You will be expected to manage your own tasks and workload while working closely with the Lead Software Engineer to ensure delivery dates and obligations are met.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete assigned engineering tasks (planning, spiking, implementation, etc.) in an efficient and timely manner.
- Serve as a cross-functional member of our product development team, contributing to multiple apps, features, and projects.
- Compose reusable, efficient and programmer-friendly code which conforms to the previously mentioned standards.
- Grow and develop aptitudes with multiple languages including Python, C++, MeVisLab, web-based technologies, etc.
- Expand knowledge and understanding across disciplines including quality management, front-end and back-end development.
- Work effectively either closely with a team or by yourself, managed or unmanaged to accomplish a common goal.
- Minimum 4-year bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or demonstration of equivalent experience.
- Experience with writing and maintaining automated integration/unit tests in a continuous integration environment, e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI.
- Understand 3D object rendering and manipulation, in both polygon and voxel representations.
- Experience with functional programming.
- Able to work efficiently within a command-line or terminal environment.
- Understand the importance of software development standards, architecture, and best-practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
Additional Experience (considered as an asset)
- DICOM standard as it pertains to CT scan data.
- Processing of medical imaging.
- Image-based post-processing experience.
- MeVisLab development tools and SDK.
- Visual programming tools.
- Test-driven development.
- Medical regulatory bodies (FDA, CE, etc.).
- Open-sourced, 3D visualization frameworks.
- 3D Printers, materials, and 3D slicer software.
- This position is full-time (37.5 hours/week) with annual salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Comprehensive health benefits package included.
|Job Category||Software Development|
|Reports to||Director, Technology|