At Adaptiiv Medical Technologies Inc., we help transform the patient experience with 3D printed patient-specific accessories for use in radiation therapy. We foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, diversity, creativity, growth and success. We are always looking for individuals who have exceptional talent and an entrepreneurial drive to contribute to the ongoing fight against cancer.
If you are passionate about making a difference, we would like to hear from you!
The Engineering Manager is a technical leader, who drives the day-to-day function of the engineering team. They have a strong technical background and are experienced in designing, building, and deploying secure, scalable products and services. They work closely with project members on our product and design teams to understand our customer needs, ensure that we are building the best possible product, and that our technical stack and system evolves to meet their requirements.
The Engineering Manager is an internal ambassador for the engineering team, communicating development opportunities and constraints with internal teams and stakeholders. It is a people-oriented role, helping to guide the team in technical and architectural decisions, to solve issues and remove blockers, provide feedback, and mentorship.
- Leads the day-to-day activities of the engineering team, tracking deliverables and metrics, creating and owning roadmaps, requirements grooming, scrums, and removing blockers.
- Provides technical direction for the development, design, integration, testing, and maintenance of our platform.
- Facilitates and leads all scrum activities (such as sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews and sprint retrospectives).
- Acts as main point of contact for contracted engineering resources, including planning of tasks, managing backlog, and maintaining overall relationship.
- Develops quality assurance and automated testing practices to ensure the organization can quickly release new products.
- Participates in and completes quality assurance and peer review activities for team members.
- Works to remove blockers to allow team to succeed and facilitate discussion, decision making and conflict resolution.
- Identifies and actions on areas of opportunities and optimization in partnership with peers and team members.
- Ensures delivery of high-quality, value-driven, operationally efficient features that support our technology platform and business initiatives.
- Works closely with Regulatory to ensure our software development meets specified QMS requirements.
- Maintain policy, process, and compliance documentation for the team.
- Works within an Agile framework to help prioritize and negotiate tasks to meet timelines.
- Works closely and collaborates with Product Owner on planning, reporting, and product roadmap.
- Works to increase the effectiveness of engineering team through optimization of systems and the creation of internal tools and processes.
- Attracts, hires, mentors and grows team of engineers.
Qualifications & Skills
- Post-Secondary education in computer science, engineering, or equivalent.
- 2+ years experience in an engineering manager or team lead role.
- 7+ years experience in a software development role.
- Previous experience in healthcare or medical technology industry.
- Understanding of IT/Cloud infrastructure.
- Hands-on experience building web applications and APIs.
- Experience with native application development.
- Demonstrated experience using GitHub, Zenhub, Jira, and Jenkins.
- Familiarity with MeVis lab is an asset.
- Previous experience working with product managers, user experience designers, and researchers to build applications.
- Experience with Agile principles and methodology.
- Understanding of modern application development best practices.
- Proven team leadership skills leading and mentoring a team of engineering and technical specialists.
- Experience leading and guiding large-scale technical projects.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to develop positive relationships with others.
- Passion to resolve problems, manage risk, lead change, and facilitate collaborative decision-making.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite, Salesforce, and other business tools or CRM.
- Prior start-up environment experience and success in launching new technologies is an asset.
|Job Category||Software Development|